- Third-party platforms can only track linear conversions, where a user has clicked on an ad and converts on the same device.
- Third-party platforms cannot track nonlinear conversions and they can’t accurately track users across devices.
- Facebook, on the other hand, tracks conversions across devices and can also track nonlinear conversions (i.e., when a user clicks an ad, browses but leaves your site, then returns and converts).
- To track these conversions, we use a 28-day window for views and a 28-day window for click-through.
- Additionally, Facebook conversion tracking also tracks how your customers move between devices before they convert, which is important because cross-device conversions from ads are common and underreported by 3rd party platforms.
Have more questions? Submit a request