Weighting & Escalation:
Our UI allows you to specify your Ad Groups’ relative importance through ‘Weighting’ and determine how long or how often to show each individual Ad Group, which we call ‘Escalation’
Weight Your Ads:
- Weighting allows you to display some Ad Groups more than others. You can choose to weight your Ad Groups by either Uniques (number of people who see the ad) or Impressions (total number of times the ad is served). Ad Groups cannot be weighted by both.
- To weight your Ad Groups, select “Weighted” in step 3 of the campaign manager. You’ll see the weighting pie chart on the right. In the pie chart, you’ll see every Ad Group you’ve created (equally weighted by default).
- To edit the weighting of your various Ad Groups, hover over any pie slice in the chart to see the weighted value (both the ratio and its equivalent percentage of the total weight).
Change the Weight of Your Ads:
- Simply click inside any pie slice to reveal a configuration panel where you can change the ratio
Enable or Disable Ad Groups:
- Change the active state of an Ad Group (from “On” to “Off”) to enable or disable Ad Groups
Weighting Ad Groups:
- There are two ways to weight your Ad Groups:
- Weighting by Uniques:
- When weighting by Uniques, each segmented user is assigned to a specific Ad Group or the control group
- The proportion of users in each group is defined in the UI by the weighting given to the control group and individual Ad Groups
- Weighting by Uniques defines how many people will see specific Ad Groups
- Weighting by Impressions:
- When weighting by Impressions, each segmented user can see all ads from all Ad Groups depending on how often they are served an Impression
- Weighting by Impressions defines how often each Ad Group will show to everyone
- In the UI, the first pie represents the percentage of users broken out into your specified control group. The second pie represents the proportion of users who will be served the Ad Groups
Escalate Your Ads
- Escalation allows you determine how long or how often to show each Ad Group
- To display ads in a given sequence by either impression or duration, select “Escalating” in step 3 of the campaign manager
- See the escalation table on the right of the screen in the UI
- To edit the escalation path of your various Ad Groups, use the escalation priority table
Reorder Your Ad Groups
- Reorder the Ad Groups by editing the priority value in front of the Ad Group name
Impressions vs Days
- Choose an Increment (Impressions “Imps” or Days)
- Enter a limit for Impressions (# of times the ad shows) or Days (the duration of time the ad shows), then click “Save”
Escalating Ad Groups:
- There are two potential use cases for the Escalation:
- Escalating by Groups
- Use the escalation feature to display a more aggressive offer to users who have not yet clicked after a certain number of days or impressions
- The escalation feature is effective with an ‘engaged shopper’ or ‘cart abandonment’ segment
- Example: Launch an initial campaign to either of these segments offering 10% off of a purchase. For those users who still haven’t clicked within 7 days, you can choose to escalate your offer to 20% off a purchase for an unlimited number of impressions.
- Escalate By Creative
- No one likes seeing the same ad over and over. Use escalation to display a different set of ads after a certain number of days or impressions
- Example: If a user has not converted after seeing the ad one time, you can use the escalation feature to begin serving a second set of ads for a maximum of 2 impressions and then a third set of ads for another 2 impressions.