Our UI allows you to specify your Ad Groups’ relative importance through two unique delivery methods, weighting and escalation. You can assign weighting by Uniques or Impressions.
- Weighting allows you to dictate how multiple ad groups will serve within a particular campaign
- Assign Weighting by 'Uniques' or 'Impressions'
- Example: If you have Two Ads Groups in one campaign, you can instruct our adserver to serve One Ad Group 80% of the time and the other 20% of the time
- If you have Three Ad Groups, you can instruct our adserver to divide traffic equally; 33% or (1/3)
- Weighting feature is great for running A/B tests, to measure performance between multiple ad groups to determine the best messaging
- Ad Group One 10% Off
- Ad Group Two Free Shipping
Weighting By Uniques:
- Our system will work to split the ad groups by uniques as evenly as possible
- Users will see only one ad group for the life of the campaign
- This is ideal for true A/B test as users will see only one ad group
- Our system will work to split the ad groups by impressions as evenly as possible
- Users may see ads from multiple ad groups
- This is not ideal for a true A/B test as users may see multiple messaging
SteelHouse Pro Tip:
SteelHouse best practice is to assign Weighting by 'Uniques'. For further clarity, if you are weighting your campaigns, you can not also Escalate your campaigns. Its an 'either, or' function. Depending on how the toggle is set determines if you are splitting traffic between ad groups (Weighting) or if you are sequencing the messaging (Escalating).