- Our UI allows you to specify your Ad Groups’ relative importance through two unique delivery methods, weighting and escalation
- Weighting allows you to dictate how multiple ad groups will serve within a particular campaign
- IE: if you have 2 Ads Groups in one campaign, you can tell the system to serve one Ad Group 100% of the time (1/1) or have two Ad Groups share the unique users or impressions by serving 50% of the time each (1/2)
- IE: If you have 3 Ad Groups, you can instruct the system to divide the traffic equally;33% or (1/3)
- *Note: If you only have 1 Ad Group in your campaign, the weighting feature will set this Ad Group to 100% by default
You can assign weighting by Uniques or Impressions.
- If you have 1 Campaign with 2 Ad Groups, assuming you will be splitting traffic between the 2 Ad Groups 50/50 or (1/2), if you assign weighting by 'Uniques', when Ads are served, the system will work to split the Uniques as evenly as possible
- User A will see one set of Ads from an Ad Group in the Campaign for the life of the Campaign
- User B will see the other set Ads from the other Ad Group in the Campaign for the life of the Campaign
- This is great for running A/B tests to measure performance between 2 Ad Groups
- If you have 1 Campaign with 2 Ad Groups and opt to weight by impressions, this means impressions served to Users will be alternated between the 2 Ad Groups
- The system will work to split the impressions as evenly as possible
- The first time User A sees an ad, an impression from Ad Group 1 will be served
- The second time User A sees an ad, an impression from Ad Group 2 will be served
- This is not optimal for A/B testing as you will not be able to decipher which set of Ads influenced the User to convert
- This can be a beneficial tactic for presenting a User with a fresh look and feel at the same offer to avoid habituation (banner blindness).
SteelHouse Pro Tip: SteelHouse Best Practice is to assign weighting by Uniques. For further clarity, if you are weighting your campaigns you can not also escalate your campaigns. Its an 'either, or' function. Depending on how the toggle is set determines if you are splitting traffic between ad groups (weighting) or if you are sequencing the messaging (escalating).